Hey brother, welcome!
Chances are that you’re here staring at this page for a handful of reasons…
You or someone you know probably heard about me from a Familyman Ministries newsletter or podcast.
Maybe you’re shocked or even disgusted and just here looking into me with a morbid curiosity. Like…who is this Sven guy and what kind of deadbeat family man talks about his wishing his wife would die? That hardly sounds godly! Why would Todd Wilson have a man like that on his podcast or newsletter?
Or, perhaps you’re exactly the man that should be here.
Who is that you ask?
The man who should continue reading and get in touch with me is…
- The man who secretly believes he probably married the wrong woman.
- The man who is tired of feeling like he’s living a Groundhog Day existence and that all his life is about us being an ATM, security guard, and uber driver for everyone else.
- The man who wanted way more out of marriage than he feels like he has ever found.
- The man who finds himself daydreaming about starting over with a new woman.
- The man who keeps finding himself infatuated with other women he meets.
- The man feeling like nice guys always finish last but who feels endlessly stuck being one.
- The man who feels woefully close to having an affair, or maybe has, or at least wants to much of the time.
- The man worried that time is running out and that there isn’t much time left to find that special someone with whom he can build the life of his dreams.
- The man who feels horribly ashamed at even acknowledging that he’s given up hope that doing so is even possible with his wife.
- The man who is privately experiencing deep pain, frustration, and thirst and who frequently asks himself or God “Is this all there is?! Certainly, there must be more!”
- The man who other people seem to find respectable, engaging, and valuable…except for the one who matters most to him – his wife.
- The man wanting more from his intimate life and who feels like the deep emotional connection and white-hot sex and romance he’s longed for is just not possible in this marriage.
- And lastly, a man now stopped in his tracks to learn that somebody out there in the world knows exactly what it is like to feel these same ways and knows precisely the way out the frustration and despair.
Who else do I help?
The man experiencing a sexless marriage.
The man whose wife has told him she wants space, “doesn’t feel the same way about him”, or “I love you but am not in love with you”.
The man who thinks or knows his wife is having an emotional or physical affair.
What kind of man says this kinda stuff?!
Men who are honest, authentic, and healed, that’s who!
I’m Sven Masterson and I’m no longer ashamed, embarrassed, or afraid to admit that I lived in every single one of these stories (except for a wife that has had an affair – but I help a lot of men through that journey!).
In fact, I spent two decades in and out of the misery of these ways before some older wiser men threw me a lifeline.
These were men I had been praying and looking for my whole life but could never seem to find. Yet, it seemed like all I could ever find were men talking about their favorite sports team, or hunting, but never a man who would tell me his scariest and most vulnerable truths!
What happened next?
I spent years climbing out of an emotional, spiritual, and mental pit. A pit that no pastor, therapist, friend, or family member was very helpful with helping me get out of.
Then two mentors came into my life, showed me the same kind of authentic vulnerability I now show other men, and helped hoist me out.
I started telling my story to other men around the globe and discovering, much to my surprise, just how many men were stuck in similar holes.
Over the course of several years, I began spending so much time helping men climb out that I left my IT career, got additional training in being a professional men’s coach, and began dedicating most of my time to the mission of helping others living how I had been.
Now I have an epic relationship with my wife of twenty-seven years – Zelda. We share a depth of love and connection I frankly think was possible. We have a passionate and romantic relationship that would make many people blush, and it keeps getting better and better.
What you should do next!
If you’re still reading this and feeling like I’ve been living inside your head, under your couch, or reading your journal, I want to talk with you.
Just fill out the form below and I’ll send your more information on setting up a FREE Suffering Familyman Clarity Call with me.
You’ll receive highly personal, loving, and non-judgmental care and encouragement and actionable steps about what to do next.